Author Topic: Difficulty in SSM 51 A  (Read 656 times)

evanf

• Just joined training
Difficulty in SSM 51 A
« on: July 08, 2023, 05:46:27 AM »
I've recently come back to SSM after about 10 years, and I'm re-climbing the learning curve.  I've got over a few problems, but this recent one I can't solve at the moment.  I've worked through a lot of SSM 51 A and reached the stage where I have the Westar -VI hovering over the Telestat - H doors. So, that's followed the COMM 1216 to "Manouver (US spelling accepted) EV 2 & position the Westar-VI, etc, etc." I guess I then expected COMM 1217 to come up "EV 1 & EV 2 - Use the RMS to grapple the Westar-VI satellite's front grapple", but that didn't happen.  I tried "Timeslip" to see if something came up, but it didn't, so I just went ahead to try to grapple Westar-VI.  I've spent about 8 + hours on trying to grapple, I get close but can't complete it. Is there a switch in the programme which hasn't been switched, or is there some secret I've missed? Any help would be gratefully received.

Pappolus

• Astronaut
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Re: Difficulty in SSM 51 A
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 10:47:06 PM »
You have to place the combo EV2-Westar satellite in a very specific spot. I'd suggest loading the savegame in the easiest difficulty level, and hit the Z key on your keyboard, and a yellow mesh globe will appear, indicating you where exactly to place the combo (might have to wiggle around until it triggers the next comm). If you then want, save the game, revert to whichever difficulty level you were using, reload and you should be good to go. I hope this was helpful :)
Discovery, go with throttle up

evanf

• Just joined training
Re: Difficulty in SSM 51 A
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 07:42:26 AM »
 :) G'day Pappolus, thanks for the advice.  I'm now located in the mesh globe, but I still haven't triggered next comm.  I guess there is a bit more wiggling around to do.