Author Topic: You may congratulate me  (Read 2456 times)

Stannny

• Just joined training
  • Impossible is nothing
You may congratulate me
« on: December 20, 2014, 08:21:20 PM »
My very first ever full legth space mission is complete and Columbia has successfully landed in Edwards AFB during STS-1 flight. Re-entry was super smooth, and I have come to the conclusion that if you start reeentry at Pitch: 0 Roll: 0 Yaw: 0 you will get the miminum effect of plasma burning, it almost feels like landing in a passenger aircraft.

This game is just superb, I have never seen anything like this before.

MECO

• Astronaut
Re: You may congratulate me
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 01:57:13 AM »
Congrats on your first landing and first successful mission... A monumental achievement for sure :)

Here's to many more :)
SSMS2007: Complete

Stannny

• Just joined training
  • Impossible is nothing
Re: You may congratulate me
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 03:34:02 AM »
Thank's a lot, I was so glad because last time I was running this mission I was experiencing some problems during re-entry, Shuttle started burning in plasma much more than it should normally do and at last flew out of the reach of the landing site.

You see, this simulator is extraordinaty in one aspect, no more games in the Earth bring a player such sense of being proud after completed the mission - you land from nowhere in the most sophisticated craft the world has seen, you come from ~300 km altitudes, this is an absolutely unbelievable, fantastic fealing when after 2 days of flight Columbia touches the runway and the mission is complete. No other game brings the same level of satisfaction to the player.

I am now reading the Commander's Manual and will certainly proceed with more difficult mission soon, first single-starred, then with more stars.

BTW This screenshot is with Nvidia GForce DRS super-resolution technology applied used in new Maxwell GPUs (I use GTX 750 Ti 2GB OC). I get 64 FPS during launces and KSC procedures, up to 700 FPS in space.

But what the developers achived with this sim is a masterpice.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 03:37:36 AM by Stannny »