Author Topic: Hydraulic Pressure warning light?  (Read 2493 times)

Stannny

• Just joined training
  • Impossible is nothing
Hydraulic Pressure warning light?
« on: December 19, 2014, 08:47:46 PM »
Hello guys,

It is very nice to be a part of this community, and I am very happy that at last I have found a realistic and detailed space flights simulator.

I have a question here to the more experienced players. I am playing STS-01 mission now with 100 percent time length, that means that I will be flying it for all the 6 hours duration (during several days with saves) and during the ascending phase I got yellow "Hydraulic Pressure" warning light on. Flight looks good, I am completing the second orbit already (cargo bay, star trackers test etc.) but the light still flashes on the center console. It is located in the down right corner on the check lights panel. I am playing on low difficulty.

Can anybody tell me what does it mean, is it malfunction or something, and how can it be fixed?

thammond

• Astronaut
Re: Hydraulic Pressure warning light?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 10:05:49 PM »
Hi Stanny,

It's been a while, but as I recall the HYD PRESS light comes on when the APU's are shut down after the launch phase and will stay on until you restart them as part of the landing procedures.

Note the APU are not necessary to be run while in orbit just during launch and landing phases and in fact would run out of fuel before landing if not shut down while in orbit.

I don't recall if the HYD PRESS light is on during during normal orbit operations in the real shuttle or not?

Hope this helps.

Tim
STS-1,STS-8,STS-41C,STS-51A,STS-26,STS-27,STS-32,STS-31,STS-47,STS-88, STS-96,STS-93,STS-103,STS-99,STS-98, STS-100,STS-121,STS-116, STS-117, STS-122,STS-124,STS-125,STS-128,STS-130, STS-401,Ares-1X

Stannny

• Just joined training
  • Impossible is nothing
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 11:10:52 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Tim, I am flying in low difficulty mode and following all the instructions given there, this light goes on during ascending and stays on during all flight.

thammond

• Astronaut
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 11:49:49 PM »
If the light goes on before you get to the APU shutdown point in the normal procedures (after you are in orbit), than there is a fault somewhere resulting in insufficient hydraulic pressure, and thus the warning light.

That kind of fault typically occurs because you did not follow all the normal procedures correctly.  Perhaps you missed flipping a switch or flipped a wrong switch, or flipped switches out of proper sequence, etc.  It happens to a lot of people on the first few times they fly.  Best advice is to go slow, use the pause, read/ reread the on screen procedure instructions.

Watch for a no-go message flashing on the screen and make note of what time (procedure step) it occurs at.  That may help narrow down any possible mistakes you are making.

Beyond that there are a number of threads in this forum regarding HYD PRESS warning lights so you may want to use the search function and read through some of them.  It may be of some help also.

Tim

Tim
STS-1,STS-8,STS-41C,STS-51A,STS-26,STS-27,STS-32,STS-31,STS-47,STS-88, STS-96,STS-93,STS-103,STS-99,STS-98, STS-100,STS-121,STS-116, STS-117, STS-122,STS-124,STS-125,STS-128,STS-130, STS-401,Ares-1X