Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First mission played and first grapple a success!  (Read 7152 times)
fenderf4i
Just joined training

« on: April 16, 2011, 08:59:44 PM »

Hey everyone! Just got the sim a few days ago. I'm currently in STS-8, and completed my first grapple to the payload on my first try!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to complete STS-1, at Comm 42 when I need to make an attitude adjustment of R P Y=0, it doesn't acknowledge it and skips to COMM 1105 which blocks me from going forward. Maybe I'll load it again from the start and give it another try.

Mike
fenderf4i
Just joined training

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 10:09:12 PM »

I just had a heck of a time ungrappling from the payload. I'm on a Mac without a numeric keyboard (but with a joystick) and it wouldn't acknowledge the num5 key that's mapped to the joystick. I had to get the WinXP on-screen keyboard up, and turn the numlock on for it to recognize the mapped command!
Admin
Commander
Shuttle Pilot

Sic Itur Ad Astra

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 05:29:35 AM »

I just had a heck of a time ungrappling from the payload. I'm on a Mac without a numeric keyboard (but with a joystick) and it wouldn't acknowledge the num5 key that's mapped to the joystick. I had to get the WinXP on-screen keyboard up, and turn the numlock on for it to recognize the mapped command!

The wonders of a laptop... (and Apple).

This qualifies as a great hack in space, my friend! Mission must be accomplished even if hardware fails. That's a true explorer's spirit.  You're on your way to becoming a seasoned virtual Astronaut!

/Admin

- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -
fenderf4i
Just joined training

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 12:58:30 PM »

Where would be the proper place to get help/support for my STS-1 problem? That's something I'd like to get help with and figured out.
Admin
Commander
Shuttle Pilot

Sic Itur Ad Astra

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 02:15:18 PM »

Where would be the proper place to get help/support for my STS-1 problem? That's something I'd like to get help with and figured out.

You'd ask this question in the "Help, Hints & Tips" board above  Wink

/Admin

fenderf4i
Just joined training

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 09:03:23 PM »

Noted, thanks!

I finished STS-8, and started STS-1 over, and it worked fine this time. That's 2 down! I'm really enjoying this.
Admin
Commander
Shuttle Pilot

Sic Itur Ad Astra

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 09:21:38 PM »

Noted, thanks!

I finished STS-8, and started STS-1 over, and it worked fine this time. That's 2 down! I'm really enjoying this.

Great. Then make sure you report this on the Astronauts Achievements thread above Smiley

/Admin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: