Author Topic: First mission played and first grapple a success!  (Read 10290 times)

fenderf4i

• Just joined training
First mission played and first grapple a success!
« on: April 17, 2011, 02:59:44 AM »
Hey everyone! Just got the sim a few days ago. I'm currently in STS-8, and completed my first grapple to the payload on my first try!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to complete STS-1, at Comm 42 when I need to make an attitude adjustment of R P Y=0, it doesn't acknowledge it and skips to COMM 1105 which blocks me from going forward. Maybe I'll load it again from the start and give it another try.

Mike

fenderf4i

• Just joined training
Re: First mission played and first grapple a success!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 04:09:12 AM »
I just had a heck of a time ungrappling from the payload. I'm on a Mac without a numeric keyboard (but with a joystick) and it wouldn't acknowledge the num5 key that's mapped to the joystick. I had to get the WinXP on-screen keyboard up, and turn the numlock on for it to recognize the mapped command!

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 11:29:35 AM »
I just had a heck of a time ungrappling from the payload. I'm on a Mac without a numeric keyboard (but with a joystick) and it wouldn't acknowledge the num5 key that's mapped to the joystick. I had to get the WinXP on-screen keyboard up, and turn the numlock on for it to recognize the mapped command!

The wonders of a laptop... (and Apple).

This qualifies as a great hack in space, my friend! Mission must be accomplished even if hardware fails. That's a true explorer's spirit.  You're on your way to becoming a seasoned virtual Astronaut!

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

fenderf4i

• Just joined training
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 06:58:30 PM »
Where would be the proper place to get help/support for my STS-1 problem? That's something I'd like to get help with and figured out.

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 08:15:18 PM »
Where would be the proper place to get help/support for my STS-1 problem? That's something I'd like to get help with and figured out.

You'd ask this question in the "Help, Hints & Tips" board above  ;)

/Admin

fenderf4i

• Just joined training
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 03:03:23 AM »
Noted, thanks!

I finished STS-8, and started STS-1 over, and it worked fine this time. That's 2 down! I'm really enjoying this.

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 03:21:38 AM »
Noted, thanks!

I finished STS-8, and started STS-1 over, and it worked fine this time. That's 2 down! I'm really enjoying this.

Great. Then make sure you report this on the Astronauts Achievements thread above :)

/Admin