Author Topic: SSM07 is therapeutic  (Read 5724 times)

Conan

• Trainee
  • In the pursuit of knowledge to better ones self.
SSM07 is therapeutic
« on: March 14, 2011, 08:44:14 AM »
My real name is Scott, and I would like to share my story at how SSM07 is helping me mentally. Back in 96 I was diagnosed as Bi-polar ultra rapid, with OCD and many other things. I served in the USAF prior to being diagnosed. I served in desert storm and shield and other actions. I have to try to be stress free and I rarely leave my home  as I get angery very fast and rage has to be an issue with me. Some thimes my brain gets away from me with racing thoughts and I get lost or confused at what I am doing. With this said SSM07 has been very therapeutic for me, it not your ordinary sim. When I am playing it I find myslef relaxing and my thoughts slow down. There is one other quality to the sim that I think people dont think of and that theres a background noise that is a white noise. Its very calming and relaxing, I want to thank the SSM07 crew for the sim. There are times I get so upset and my thoughts get away from me I go to the sim and play. When I am done I can go back to my regular day to day life. I Used to have to go to the hospital and have a short stay over night with thoughts of... well I am ashamed to say. But its been along time since I have had to run to the hospital, and I have been able to resume a more regular life because of the SSM07. Before it was just meds, now its meds and SSM07. For the first time me and my wife went to see a movie call Rango. So SSM07 can be good for the brain, Thank you.

christra

Re: SSM07 is therapeutic
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 01:05:42 PM »
Wow, this is such a different post compared to others. And such a good news if SSM07 does help you this way.

I hope you will proceed this way and find a way back to regular life.

All the best!!  :)

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 04:54:45 PM »
Scott,

Thank you for the warm words, support and heart-warming story.

We never thought of SSMS in this way, although we know of quite a few customers who suffer from ADD and who find that SSMS helps them focus for far longer and more effectively than any other activity - maybe it is the patience, precision, perseverence and practice it requires to be truly mastered?

We are extremely happy that you feel that SSMS helps you beyond what we planned for and we assure you of more "white noise" coming your way when we release SSMS2.

And thank you, forum community, for making Scott feel welcome.

Stay safe and enjoy your travels on orbit!

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

MECO

• Astronaut
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
Brilliant post. Another damned good reason to take your hat off to GC for a fantastic sim
SSMS2007: Complete

JLM

• Shuttle Pilot
  • "Space....the infinite frontier."-Spock
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 03:21:55 AM »
I can concur with Scott as my father is bi-polar too :-\, right now he is more energetic (manic) and thinks that everyone is after him and has frequent moments of immense energy and has to go for walks/runs outside and sometimes inside the house, if not he rants and won't stop talking and might get angry for no reason.

So my heart goes out to you.

JLM