Author Topic: Senate Rejects Obama's Space Plan  (Read 16022 times)

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
Senate Rejects Obama's Space Plan
« on: July 12, 2010, 07:54:14 PM »
"The Senate subcommittee charged with NASA oversight will present a $19 billion bill this week that kills President Barack Obama's proposed shakeup of the agency's human-spaceflight program, in the process cutting billions from commercial rocket
and technology projects that supporters say would have benefited Kennedy Space Center.
"

http://nasawatch.com/archives/2010/07/senate-rejects.html

That's just one thing. Another one that is also a concern for me is that Obama has charged NASA admin Bolden to improve relations with the Muslim world and make them feel better about their contribution to science and engineering. Whatever that might be in relation to NASA and space flight, because I don't see any contribution. And I do not understand why such a s****d agenda should be the job of NASA.

Honestly: meanwhile I think Obama might be a big mistake. The USA likely needs a new government. I'm seriously concerned. And Bolden should have denied the position of the NASA admin after Obama has charged him with pointless things.

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
Re: Senate Rejects Obama's Space Plan
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 11:56:37 PM »
Yes, it is quite abhorrent the way NASA and other gov bodies are being forced to support an arguably irrelevant, clearly political, suicidally appeasing and self-destructing agenda.

You connect the dots.

/Admin

- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 02:41:38 AM »
I think the chances that the manned US space flight program will come to a complete end are "good", sadly. And the worst thing is that the US leadership doesn't seem to care at all. Quite the opposite. I'm getting more and more the impression that not only NASA but space flight on the whole is an annoying thing for Obama. But not only Obama. Almost no decision-maker seems to be interested in a serious space flight goal.

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 05:05:18 AM »
Bolden's Muslim Outreach Feedback Continues:

http://nasawatch.com/archives/2010/07/boldens-muslim.html

White House Denies NASA Remark on Muslim Outreach:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/07/12/us/politics/AP-US-NASA-Muslims.html?_r=1&ref=aponline

This is not the NASA anymore I thought I would know of. We truly live in different times, well, in times without true leadership. What the heck is going on? What about furthering space exploration?

marvx

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Crew/Moderator
    • SSM Fans Portal
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 12:28:17 PM »
Bolden's Muslim Outreach Feedback Continues:

http://nasawatch.com/archives/2010/07/boldens-muslim.html

White House Denies NASA Remark on Muslim Outreach:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/07/12/us/politics/AP-US-NASA-Muslims.html?_r=1&ref=aponline

This is not the NASA anymore I thought I would know of. We truly live in different times, well, in times without true leadership. What the heck is going on? What about furthering space exploration?

Well to me it seems, that they think, that it is waste of money since the ISS is extended. They dont look beyond the horizon sadly. In fact to me thy are wasting a knowledge, and many chances for human beeing.

/Marvx
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 02:24:09 PM by Admin »

bjbeard

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 05:34:57 AM »
NASA Mission

"NASA's mission is to pioneer the future in space exploration, scientific discovery and aeronautics research."

Now show where in this simple sentence is says to appease anyone? If anything Obama (Note how close that is to Osama. Thinks a white guy with that name would have gotten elected?) wants to shutdown anything he feels is a drain on the budget. Think Sean O'Keffe gone insane. He stopped all long term research into the systems needed for Mars and beyond inner solar system manned missions and equipment. Obama is expanding on this massively. The biggest problem is the lack of new blood. Far too few new engineers are graduating US university's and those that do are not going to NASA.

That lunatic in the White House would have us return to a pre-1957 mentality where space is concerned. Well I hope that the election that took the Democrats out of control of the House will return this country to space, however I am not holding my breath.

The rescission is far more up front than returning to the moon. Most people didn't even know there was a program that was going to take us back to the moon. Never even heard of it. Until Obama canned it.

But most are indifferent. They see it a taking away from the welfare checks... Food Stamps... all those things a lot of American's think they are entitled to.

Damn liberals....

christra

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 05:51:50 PM »
NASA Mission

"NASA's mission is to pioneer the future in space exploration, scientific discovery and aeronautics research."

Now show where in this simple sentence is says to appease anyone? If anything Obama (Note how close that is to Osama. Thinks a white guy with that name would have gotten elected?) wants to shutdown anything he feels is a drain on the budget.
[..]

That lunatic in the White House would have us return to a pre-1957 mentality where space is concerned. Well I hope that the election that took the Democrats out of control of the House will return this country to space, however I am not holding my breath.

[..]

Damn liberals....

Bjbeard,

in several posts you have stated your political dislike of parties, persons and their ideas and so on. Further on you started talking about white/black guys and you implied a comparison to a well known terrorist.

If you do not get your aggressively recited political view under control in this forum, I will do that for you...

I hope this is understood.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:22:09 PM by christra »

bjbeard

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 02:05:25 PM »
The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a Liberal".--Peter Brimelow

christra

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 02:32:14 PM »
The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a Liberal".--Peter Brimelow

Citing a "paleoconservative" doesn't make it any better...

bjbeard

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 10:50:41 PM »
I guess sarcastic comedy flies by you at about Mach 5...

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 07:13:28 AM »
I have to agree to Peter Brimelow. You can see this especially in Germany these days. If one mentions for example true facts about immigration issues (especially related to islamic immigrants which is mostly based on hard statistical facts), he/she immediately is called to be a racist/radical right-wing, following a removal from office. Being a social democrat or whatever does not prevent this.

But, this is not the right forum to discuss such thing ;)

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 06:59:53 PM »
Guys, STOP IT!

Criticizing an Administration policy towards NASA and Space Exploration is legitimate but should be expressed in more toned-down, respectable words. I am sure that there are enough words to allow the same idea get through without sounding insulting or otherwise.

There are enough forums open for fights/arguments between parties, religions, colors and non-Space-related ideas.

THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM!

/Admin

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 05:14:14 PM by Admin »

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 03:02:59 PM »
Guys,

I'm (carefully) re-opening this thread but please BEHAVE! Please read my post above this one to understand why it has been locked in the first place!

Now, to a few more interesting developments to chew on (in a toned-down style, please):

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/12/orion-forefront-test-flight-manned-debut-evaluations/

/Admin

uri_ba

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Proudly Addicted!
    • SSM-fans Rulez! :)
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 03:58:11 PM »
I'm buffled...
They invested billions on developing a shuttle derrived launch platform, they modified pad B, out fitted a crawler. rejected every other Shuttle derived plan (Direct and Jupiter), even waved off all the Delta V engine option because "It would be too expensive to 'get human rated'".

and now they just go with a straight up Delta V?!?!

Have they gone mad? do they suddenly feel the pressure of loosing space technology leadership? who up in DC got some sense finally?

and before the americans jump and say that those are expensive programs for a country that is in a bad shape. think about all the jobs.. it's themodern equivalent to the 1930's "New Deal". Goverment puts in capital to boost shopping power in the coutry, and make the economy "reboot"
The SSM-fans sites:
Blog: http://blog.ssm-fans.info
Wiki: http://wiki.ssm-fans.info
The Image Pad: http://upload.ssm-fans.info
you can contact me at uri@ssm-fans.info

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra