Author Topic: Final Missions  (Read 11190 times)

adrians69

• Just joined training
  • Space Shuttle Commander
Re: Final Missions
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 03:04:32 AM »
I had Virgin "Shuttle" also back in the 90s on my Amiga 500 (lol). I was awestruck with the complexity of the sim as at that time, nothing came even close to it. I am also a virtual airline pilot in FSX and MSFS 2004, flying mainly A380s but that is nothing compared to this sim!! How can a space exploration/aviation enthusiast like me thank Exciting Simulations enough for such a superb piece of software!!
  I found the link to the demo on flightsim.com back in 08 and have never looked back. Looking forward to the new 2010 version and all the new missions!!

Fantastic sim guys and thank you!
STS-1, STS-8, STS-41c, Ares 1x

gablau

• Trainee
Re: Final Missions
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 03:13:26 AM »
I still remember the frustration of not being able to see the other missions before finishing the previous ones.

All you had to do is start the program with "shuttle.exe/all" and all missions were available.

If you still have the program and a computer it runs on, try the following:
Start any of the missions and at 73 seconds into the mission execute a manual separation of the solid rocket boosters. Then switch to external view. It is eerie, because the program, instead of just separating the solid rocket boosters, makes the shuttle to be destroyed, and what you can see on the external view is exactly what we saw when the Challenger perished.