Author Topic: Additonal Add-on Missions  (Read 4486 times)

awralls

• Just joined training
Additonal Add-on Missions
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:03:39 PM »
Hi,

I've got to complement you on this sim; I'm enjoying it enormously now that the initial patching flurry is over. I'm not crazy about the registration process, but it's where we are so I guess there's no point in moaning about it.

The scope for development with the product is enormous; I just hope it's commercially successful enough to fund those developments.

Anyway, I wondered if you are able to give a confirmation that there will be additional missions forthcoming? I read that this was planned and I'm really looking forward to them. Do you have a feel for how long they might take?

Thanks and best wishes

Andy
Andy
SSM2207 Test Team

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
Re: Additonal Add-on Missions
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:29:18 PM »
Hi,

Well just so you and everybody else know - we also hate the registration process, copy protection etc. But we hate more software pirates - those people who under the mask of "Robin Hood", crack programs and steal them with impunity depriving the developers from the money they rightfully deserve.

Some of those pirates don't even try to don the "Robin Hood" mask - they just steal and brag about it - I hope that in real life they just don't break into a store and steal a TV ... no solution in sight I am afraid...

So both you and us are stuck with this, sorry.

Missions: We are looking towards releasing new missions of course, as we've promised. That will happen when most of you are comfortable with the sim and after we check with you all what kind of missions you liked and which real missions you would like to see in the future.

So yes, we do depend on how successful we'll be. We need to eat too, you know :) Our success in part depends on the game, the support we provide and marketing,  but on the other hand it depends on YOUR support too, and we do not mean only by buying the product. If you talk about SSM 2007 on other forums too, open a "SSM2007 GURU Blog" etc. this will go a long way towards making us popular enough to make SSM2010 a reality. If the numbers are right, we may be looking at a new franchise - exactly as we had in mind initially.

We have a LONG list of goodies for SSM2009, some based on ideas from the forum before the game was released - we only hope to implement all of them. We are extremely excited by the possibilities.

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

DenisFerrari

• Astronaut
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 10:59:46 PM »
Holy words Admin!! And CONGRATULATIONS to you all!! I sincerely do not know how many others in your situation, in a day like yesterday and with problems encountered , could have been so EFFECTIVE, EFFICIENT like you Admin and all your team, service spport included.

Let's be sincere : where we buy a software and just after few hours you can easily send email asking for support and receive replies from humans (not automatic rensponders!) ? I think we should just say THANK YOU to SSM2007 guys! Just it!

And also we must hope and wish SSM2007 a very very LONG life!

We need SSM2007, it's unique, it's marvellous, it's clever ... everything can have problems, for sure they did not expected something like that, but - please - let's not forget that's not easy.

So congratulations to you all and congratulations for SSM2007! We'll be glad to help the developing of the project, of the software, everything.

I think there will be a very promiseing future for it!!

Very good :)

...and an happy new year to you all, on orbit and on earth  ;)!!

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 12:40:03 AM »
Nothing more to add but a happy THANK YOU and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too on behalf of the entire SSM2007 Crew! :)

See you all on Orbit.

/Admin
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 12:41:34 AM by Admin »
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -