Author Topic: STS-8 RMS Accomplishment  (Read 14172 times)

rocket_man55

• Astronaut
STS-8 RMS Accomplishment
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:39:24 PM »
 :D Hey guys! I have just started playing this game for the first time in 2 years.. and on STS-8 I grappled the object in the cargo bay on my second try. :D I rember it takeing me like 30 trys when i first got the game back in 08. :D Just thought I would shair.

davidrobinsonjr

• Astronaut
  • Press to MECO
Re: STS-8 RMS Accomplishment
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 11:00:17 PM »
Good job!!
All Missions

rocket_man55

• Astronaut
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 11:36:48 PM »
Thank you man. :3

StarlightExpress

• Just joined training
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 05:27:41 AM »
haha. I'm still trying! I keep hitting the soft stops limits, or I end up hitting the Test Payload.  :-\

rocket_man55

• Astronaut
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 02:38:27 AM »
Ehh.. Its hard.. I dont grapple it till im 100% sure that I have it on the money. :3 I use my joystick to move the RMS wich is tons eaiser in my opinion. :D Just keep trying :3 :3 you will get it. :3

adrians69

• Just joined training
  • Space Shuttle Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 12:06:45 AM »
I have also struggled with the RMS grappling. Geting the payload out is OK but I had a nightmare re-positioning the load on STS-8.

STS-1, STS-8, STS-41c, Ares 1x

IceManHG

• Trainee
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 12:48:40 PM »
Congrats!

You know what they say....if you are having trouble with something step back, take a deep breath and try again later. Im not sure they ment 2 years later....but it worked!  ;)
STS Logbook started: 06/09/2008
----------------------
Missions completed: 2
Successful landings: 13
Shuttle Flight time: 09:20 hrs

Nats

• Just joined training
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 05:40:08 PM »
I did it first time with a joystick. I then took it out of the bay and let it go to see if I could tap it off into space with the arm but it just stuck there like a rock. Hopefully this will be implemented in the new game - would be really neat to see it float off if you got the grapple wrong and you had to chase after it - that would be neat if also extremely difficult!
"Its life Jim but not as we know it"

uri_ba

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Proudly Addicted!
    • SSM-fans Rulez! :)
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 04:52:53 AM »
I did it first time with a joystick. I then took it out of the bay and let it go to see if I could tap it off into space with the arm but it just stuck there like a rock. Hopefully this will be implemented in the new game - would be really neat to see it float off if you got the grapple wrong and you had to chase after it - that would be neat if also extremely difficult!
I actually moved away from it with the thrusters then moved back and re-capture it... (of couse make sure you save before you go off mission, you can never know what you would encounter)
The SSM-fans sites:
Blog: http://blog.ssm-fans.info
Wiki: http://wiki.ssm-fans.info
The Image Pad: http://upload.ssm-fans.info
you can contact me at uri@ssm-fans.info