Author Topic: Ares 1X  (Read 80705 times)

bjbeard

Re: Ares 1X
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2010, 12:18:55 PM »
Moonwalker I know VG and S-X are different companies... I didn't think I had to get really basic with people here.

BTW has the Ariane  booster begun getting human-rated yet? I saw a thing about that a while back. Supposedy Boeing has done the basic stuff to human-rate Delta as well, and Lockheed-Martin is looking at the Atlas V getting human-rating as well.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 12:25:18 PM by bjbeard »

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2010, 01:19:38 PM »
BTW has the Ariane  booster begun getting human-rated yet? I saw a thing about that a while back.

I think this won't happen before 2015 at the earliest. ESA does not intend to convert the ATV for manned flights before 2015 as far as I know.

Supposedy Boeing has done the basic stuff to human-rate Delta as well, and Lockheed-Martin is looking at the Atlas V getting human-rating as well.

That would be great. They have all that available for relatively low costs compared to the Ares launcher. If they would have think about that when Constellation was introduced they could have saved a lot of time and money and still would do so.

bjbeard

« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2010, 10:34:55 AM »
No kidding...But i hear the RS-68 has to be derated due to it acceleration. Haven't heard about Atlas yet.