Author Topic: Newcomers, please log in here :)  (Read 168120 times)

mantis

Re: Newcomers, please log in here :)
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2010, 01:40:51 AM »
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and new (sort of) to the program.  I actually purchased the program a year or two ago but barely had time to tuch it - life and the job got in the way.  Needless to say, I've had a lot more time on my hands and I've recently purchased a very powerful new laptop computer which runs sims such as this amazingly well.  I've spent the weekend getting used to the program and flown my first four missions.  I'm really getting the hang of those manual approaches and landings!  I really wish that I had started playing with this when I first bought it - I didn't know what I was missing.  I'm a long time flight simulator enthusiast and this just takes it to the next level.

Cheers!

Mantis.

we6jbo

• Just joined training
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2010, 02:56:54 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am the proud owner of Space Shuttle Mission 2007 and I also play games on Linux. After hearing about this simulator on a podcast I decided that I had to try it for myself. This is quite an amazing simulator and the graphics are astonishing. Yesterday when I was playing I saw the sun and I thought that if I looked at it that I would just see a floating orb. When I move my head toward the sun I was greeted with a flash of light that practically burt my retinas. I've never seen a game before that actually simulated the sun that well. When I finally made it to space and I was orbiting the earth after some time the simulator ended. Apparently I missed something and the craft burnt up. I also never knew that the shuttle landed with out engines. That's really hard to do! Right now I'm reading the manual on the game so I can learn more about the basics before I return for another try. I can't wait to make a successful launch, a mission and a landing!

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2010, 05:22:31 AM »
Mantis, we6jbo,

Welcome to the SSMS community. We are all happy to have you here. Check the wealth of information and enjoy the company!

See you on orbit!
/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

Richard R

• Astronaut
  • JSC-CB
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2010, 08:14:26 AM »
Mantis, we6jbo,

Welcome Aboard.

Richard R
In Houston keeping up with my training.

we6jbo

• Just joined training
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2010, 11:41:36 AM »
Thanks! I just completed STS-1 (using the help tips) with a successful landing. Now I'm ready to learn more.

spacecowboy2

• Just joined training
« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2010, 11:36:26 PM »
Hi everyone,

I bought my copy of the game around thanksgiving and i can stop playing it. I use to play the microsoft flight sim x and was about to buy a shuttle for that game when I stumbled across space shuttle mission in youtube (the trailer for the game).
I was impressed with the video so I downloaded the demo and played it, at first glance thought the graphiecs were not as good as fsx but interaction with the shuttle out did fsx (all switches,nobes,buttons worked).and was hooked from then on out,I am a long haul truck driver and every chance i get I am playing on the sim. I am currently working on the mission sts-51A and completated sts-1-8-41C and the ares test launch rocket. I am a life long customer for space shuttle mission sim.
sts-1-8-41C-ares test launch-sts-51a-sts-26-sts-27-sts-32-sts-31-sts-47-sts-88-sts-96completed
inprogress-sts-93

christra

« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2010, 01:31:26 AM »
Hi everyone,

I bought my copy of the game around thanksgiving and i can stop playing it. I use to play the microsoft flight sim x and was about to buy a shuttle for that game when I stumbled across space shuttle mission in youtube (the trailer for the game).
I was impressed with the video so I downloaded the demo and played it, at first glance thought the graphiecs were not as good as fsx but interaction with the shuttle out did fsx (all switches,nobes,buttons worked).and was hooked from then on out,I am a long haul truck driver and every chance i get I am playing on the sim. I am currently working on the mission sts-51A and completated sts-1-8-41C and the ares test launch rocket. I am a life long customer for space shuttle mission sim.

Hi,
welcome here!
If you have any questions, please do a search in the forum. Lots of things have been discussed and answered during the last years.

Have fun!

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2010, 01:40:14 AM »
...<snip>...

I am a long haul truck driver and every chance i get I am playing on the sim. I am currently working on the mission sts-51A and completated sts-1-8-41C and the ares test launch rocket. I am a life long customer for space shuttle mission sim.

Spacecowboy2,

You're not that far from what you've been doing in real life: the STS Commander and Pilot  are in fact not more than "(very) long haul (space) truck drivers" too :)

Have fun hauling virtual crews and supplies to the ISS. Enjoy the company of other virtual long haul space truck drivers around here. I am sure you'll like the company.

Merry Christmas,
/Admin

Richard R

• Astronaut
  • JSC-CB
« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »
Welcome Aboard  Space Cowboy 2!

Richard R

spacecowboy2

• Just joined training
« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2010, 07:04:28 PM »
Thanks guys i will enjoy the company and i will keep on trucking lol (fly the shuttle) and will enjoy talking with u all.
sts-1-8-41C-ares test launch-sts-51a-sts-26-sts-27-sts-32-sts-31-sts-47-sts-88-sts-96completed
inprogress-sts-93

gsuwinsudont

• Just joined training
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2011, 11:29:45 PM »
Just checking in as a new owner of this great sim.  I lurked the forums for a while and I've had the demo for quite some time but didn't have the computing power to really use it.  I do now and this game should be illegal for how much fun it is!  Kudos to all involved!  :)
STS-8 STS-41C STS-26 STS-30 STS-47 STS-93 STS-103 STS-99 STS-121 STS-122 STS 130

christra

« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2011, 12:39:27 AM »
Welcome! It sems that you are familiar already with the forum.
Have fun!

Cthulhus

• Space Shuttle Mission 2007
  • Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Crew/Moderator
    • Avionic-Online
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2011, 01:33:32 PM »
Welcome here and enjoy SSMS!

Richard R

• Astronaut
  • JSC-CB
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2011, 06:58:14 PM »
Welcome Aboard !

Richard R

graveyardspin

• Just joined training
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2011, 03:07:11 AM »
Hey everyone, new to the sim and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a pilot IRL and have been using flight sims for about 10 years now as training aids. As such the more realistic the better as far as I'm concerned and this sim is like nothing I've seen before. The demo had me hooked before I even got off the ground and I bought the full version as soon as I rolled to a stop at Edwards AFB.

I've always been fascinated by shuttle program and living in S. FL I always go outside to watch every launch (unless the clouds say otherwise >:(), so this program was right up my alley. Just finishing STS-8 and will probably be starting 41C tonight. Hope I don't have as much trouble with the MMU as I first did with the RMS. Don't want to go flying off into space. :o