Author Topic: Newcomers, please log in here :)  (Read 166842 times)

FAAmecanic

• Astronaut
  • Science for the advancement of ALL mankind!
Re: Newcomers, please log in here :)
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2009, 08:27:41 AM »
Welcome NEO!

Just remember (especially with STS103) PATIENCE....  dont let frustration ruin it for you.  Usually after a hard mission I find myself saying "why was that so hard"..then play it a second time and whiz through it.

AztecConsulting

• Just joined training
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2009, 12:18:03 PM »
It’s funny that I have completed four missions before I noticed this thread…

I am a Sr. Programmer/Analyst at GameStop, the world’s largest Video Game retailer.  I live in the Dallas, Fort-Worth Texas suburb of Hurst.  For GameStop, I work on “Line of Business” systems like Inventory Management, Pricing, Allocation, Etc.  I have been with GameStop for almost 15 years but I started in a store in Columbus Ohio as temporary seasonal help…Guess the season never ended!  I have worked on everything from our Point of Sales systems to Help Desk call tracking systems. 

I also have been known to play a game or two…Let’s face it, I partially got a job a GameStop for the discount, and then I found a career.  I have played many games and been fortunate to beta test most on-line games.

In addition to my “day job” I am a free-lance writer for Examiner.Com as the Hurst Community Examiner.  I am also involved in local Government as a member of the City of Hurst’s Zoning Board of Adjustment. 

I don’t know what you may be looking for here by way of introduction, so I’ll wrap up by saying if you have a question, please don’t hesitate to ask!

neosonic2k

• Just joined training
  • Discovery rocks!
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2009, 12:16:25 AM »
Wow, that's great, Aztec! You got a lot of experience under the belt!

Me, I'm studying programming, and currently trying to get a job at Gamestop (among many other countless employers I've applied to...). :P Things are tough over here at PR. Wish me luck. :P I need the cash to keep studying. Don't wanna keep increasing my loan amount... T-T;;

I've been working with computers since I was 8. Of course, they were playthings by that age. 286's, 386's... wow, the 486 was a monster at that time... Windows 3.1... DOS 6.22... Win95... Those were the days indeed. I repair computers nowadays, although I've yet to be certified on A+ (aiming for that, both A+ and Network+ on November, I'm almost done with the courses!)

I've harbored a keen interest on all things NASA, but it wasn't until 1 minute before STS-119 lifted off that I truly became fascinated (and addicted) to it. I remember that a friend of mine called saying "Hey, the space rocket with the guy of puertorrican heritage (Joseph Acaba) is about to take off! Go to nasa.gov/ntv!". I followed the mission from that point on and grew incredibly fascinated by it. To the point that from that mission onward, I'd be showing highlights of all missions on my Facebook to all my friends, especially launch and landing days. I've made a point of not missing any ISS passes over where I live (there's a viewing opportunity tonight, a friend of mine's going to use what I call the super telescope camera, because it takes highly detailed and sharp pictures of even the moon, and while hand-held, too). All in all, really addicted. Until I said to myself, "Hmm... ...I wonder if at this point in time someone has made a space shuttle simulator...?"

...and here I am. :P Thanks for your welcomes. ^_^ And yup, I'm patched at 4.05. :)
"Welcome to space, guys. MECO! Who-hoo!!"

MDBenson

• Just joined training
  • 'Scorch'ed
    • Space Tweep Society
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2009, 06:46:24 PM »
Hey there, had SSM2007 since last Thursday, played the demo STS-1 mission and was totally hooked on it.

I'd just like t0o say what an excellent sim it is. It's so good, I even get butterflies at 9:00 hold waiting to Launch Control to give the go for launch just like I do on real launches ;)

I'm currently on STS-8 and trying to work out how to use the RMS arm - it's probably the hardest job on the entire shuttle!!

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2009, 07:10:39 PM »
Man, we have some serious gamers joining in! Welcome to the freak club and check your Oxygen levels. We have many more missions and goodies for you in store.

Adventure never ends!

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

spaceboy7441

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Future Real Astronaut
    • My Paper Models Blog
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2009, 03:24:31 AM »
Hey there, had SSM2007 since last Thursday, played the demo STS-1 mission and was totally hooked on it.

I'd just like t0o say what an excellent sim it is. It's so good, I even get butterflies at 9:00 hold waiting to Launch Control to give the go for launch just like I do on real launches ;)

I'm currently on STS-8 and trying to work out how to use the RMS arm - it's probably the hardest job on the entire shuttle!!
Wait until you get to the new rendezvous and docking. I have only done TORVA twice and that is all I have done since the new SP came. (Way too busy with school :() And I am a veteran or very close to one and I still have a bit of trouble with it. The RMS ops at least for me will come and will become as easy as OMS burns. Well not exactly but you get what I am saying. :)

Good luck and I would advise you run a few missions before STS-100 and STS-98 ;) They are the most fun/hardest missions. But you will get the hang of it. :)
The SSM-Fans Portal: http://ssm-fans.info
The SSM wiki: http://wiki.ssm-fans.info
The Image Pad: http://upload.ssm-fans.info
Feel Free to email me: spaceboy7441@ssm-fans.info

neosonic2k

• Just joined training
  • Discovery rocks!
    • Twitter
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2009, 08:15:59 AM »
I did one of the missions to the ISS... I think it was STS-124... the Kibo module mission. It was kinda easy to figure out to approach the station, and the RPM maneuver... but to get to the front, I sorta did an L rather than a curve, as the Shuttle traditionally does, translating forward till I was a bit ways off, then translated up till I was more or less aligned with the front, THEN pitched the Shuttle so the docking port faced the ISS, then closed in. It wasn't pretty but it got me docked. The 3D view is awesome for this, it almost gives your the feeling that you're in there, looking at the monitor, then at the Line of Sight indicator (in el/az mode), then up at the ISS, and back again, until the PMA is visible in the back window, about to latch to the Shuttle's docking port. :P

The RMS grapple cards are a tremendous help. I'd recommend it for those people having loads of problems getting to that grapple point, just make sure not to crash the RMS into the Shuttle or satellite or ISS while you're at it.

I'm lovin' this sim.
"Welcome to space, guys. MECO! Who-hoo!!"

Phixit

• Trainee
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2009, 06:55:29 PM »
Hey all. Just bought the sim last night and been enjoying my purchase. I've completed sts-1 (easy since I played the demo) and just did sts-47. I know I skipped a few, but I was excited to float into the spacelab. Awesome work! I've been playing on hard using checklists, which in my opinion is a lot more fun. Next up sts-8 and the rms!

Thanks a lot for the sim!  :)

lelleck

• Just joined training
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009, 07:08:17 PM »
Hello, Im Henrik from Sweden. I´m 42 and work as tech on a powerplant.
i have harboured an interest in spaceflight since childhood reading all the books, and i have a clear memory from elementary school when i was about 10, my classmate said "hey they have build the Enterprise" and i was elated  ;D. Been at flightsimulation since FSII, on PC, then ATARI and finaly PC again in FSX, and hey admin: F16 from DI was really state of the art when it came!

My main interest in FS is procedural operations and heavy iron, and when i saw the ads on SSM2007 on AVSIM, the circle was complete, there would be spaceflight and heavyduty procedures and ops. What really tilted me over was reading a book by Fuglesang.

I have completed the first 3 misions, but had to abort STS51A, as the ACD wasnt cooperating that time. However, the entry and landing was magic!:
- my girlfriend watched and said: "hey that looked just like in the videos on L2!

FS fans know how a good landing feels, and that one topped them all!! 
Big kudos to the devteam!! , and admin? pls have a look at my post in suggestions in the "feedback in EVA" regarding 2D panels. Thanks for reading
Henrik owenius

STS 1 , STS 8 , STS 41C

erk84

• Just joined training
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2009, 04:28:02 AM »
hey everyone my name is eric im 24 and im a firefighter/emt....but in my free time i fly model rockets and remote control airplanes... i just bought this game after playing the demo over and over and over again...had to wait for the money...im a space nerd so i love this game...i just wanted to say hi
Completed Missions STS-1,8,41c,51a,26,27,32,31,47,88,96,93,98,100,103,99,121,116,117,122,124,125,128,401,Ares 1X

Burger

• Just joined training
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »
Hi All, Time to introduce myself - I've been a "lurker" on this forum since getting SSM about 6 months ago, mainly because lack of time meant I was only able to slowly complete a couple of missions.

But having just had holidays from work means I was able to devote some serious time to the sim, & I've had a blast - this sim is brilliant! The attention to detail is amazing, the graphics are gorgeous, the sense of "being there" in the 3-D cockpit is excellent, & the excitement when approaching the ISS to dock or turning onto final to land is unreal. Congratulations to the developers for such a brilliant effort & for the tremendous ongoing updates/support.

So far I've completed 10 missions (following the "star" route), & am halfway thru STS-116. Oh yeah, my name's Steve, I work as Customer Service Adviser, have a Private Pilot's Licence, am a keen glider pilot & part owner of a "Jabiru" light sports aircraft. I'm a space fan from way back (can still clearly remember the first Shuttle launch in '81), & also enjoy Falcon, Condor & FSX.

I've enclosed a pic of where I live. Just above Discovery's wingtip you can see an island (Kangaroo Island). North of this you can see a peninsula shaped like a backwards "L". If you draw a line across the bottom of the "L" to the east, across the triangular shaped gulf, where you hit land on the other side is the location of Adelaide, capital city of South Australia. I live about 12 miles south of Adelaide, my power plane is based at Aldinga airfield another 10 miles south, & I fly gliders at Gawler airfield about 20 miles north of Adelaide. Thanks for reading, any other Australians on here? 

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2009, 04:48:13 PM »
Hi All, Time to introduce myself - I've been a "lurker" on this forum since getting SSM about 6 months ago, mainly because lack of time meant I was only able to slowly complete a couple of missions.

...<SNIP>... Thanks for reading, any other Australians on here? 

Welcome "Burger",

...and thank you for the warm words. I know that we have a quite a "few" Ozzies and NZs around here. Enjoy your stay, the company and the sim.

See you in Space, :)
/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

ganlhi

• Just joined training
    • Air Ganlhi
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2009, 02:49:45 PM »
Hi !

After a week playing the demo version, I bought the soft yesterday and I'm very excited about all the available missions and features !

See you, space cowboys ;)
-- Guilhem

sean72714ar@yahoo.com

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2009, 01:01:47 AM »
Hi everybody;

It has been a while since I've been on here and I finally downloaded SSM07 and man game feels so real.

I purchased the game back in 2007 when it first came out, but I was having a few technical difficulties.  Like switching from XP to Vista, finding out that SSM07 doesn't work on Vista.

So I took Vista out and put XP back in and now the game works like a charm.

Since it has been a while, I was wondering how I can obtain "back issues", if you will, on the service packs and mission packs?

For the longest time, I have enjoyed model rocketry.  And I think that this game is for all those who enjoy the hobby of sending a rocket or in this case the space shuttle into orbit and then landing it safely back to Earth.

Thanks a bunch.

Sean

christra

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2009, 02:04:32 AM »
Welcome back! Just download the latest pack and install it. They are all cumulative.