Author Topic: Goodbye Space Shuttle  (Read 27171 times)

Andysim212

• Just joined training
Re: Goodbye Space Shuttle
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 07:55:16 AM »
Farewell to the shuttle and the people that made it happen.  The shuttle left its last mission on a high.  It proved itself over and over and made the ISS a reality.

What will become of NASA now is anyones guess but I would hope to see them launching a manned spacecraft in the not too distant future.  Be it 10 years or 20.

DenisFerrari

• Astronaut
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 01:52:28 AM »
Farewell to the shuttle and the people that made it happen.  The shuttle left its last mission on a high.  It proved itself over and over and made the ISS a reality.

What will become of NASA now is anyones guess but I would hope to see them launching a manned spacecraft in the not too distant future.  Be it 10 years or 20.
absolutely!
+1

bjbeard

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 01:18:53 PM »
I remember the day Atlantis came home for the last time, I watched NASA TV until they left the live broadcast. I went to bed and didn't get out of it for three days...

I contemplated adding 230gr of lead and brass to my diet, but decided that would be really mean to anyone that had to clean up the resulting mess. So I just shut that space cadet part of me off.

Man that was worse than quitting smoking!!!! After a month of avoiding ANYTHING space, I friend of mine gave me a poster of Challenger from 85. I got home before the damn broke.

But I am back to myself again, is somewhat more depressed than I was, and far more filled with rage at those whom made this i***tic decision.

Farewell Space Shuttle. I will be visiting each of you when the time comes...

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 02:57:37 PM »
I remember the day Atlantis came home for the last time, I watched NASA TV until they left the live broadcast. I went to bed and didn't get out of it for three days...

I contemplated adding 230gr of lead and brass to my diet, but decided that would be really mean to anyone that had to clean up the resulting mess. So I just shut that space cadet part of me off.

Man that was worse than quitting smoking!!!! After a month of avoiding ANYTHING space, I friend of mine gave me a poster of Challenger from 85. I got home before the damn broke.

But I am back to myself again, is somewhat more depressed than I was, and far more filled with rage at those whom made this i***tic decision.

Farewell Space Shuttle. I will be visiting each of you when the time comes...

Wanna feed that rage of yours with some fresh ammo? Then read the very new thread on the subject here:

http://www.space-shuttle-mission.com/forum/index.php?topic=4779.msg36278#new

I guarantee it will make you sick :(

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

Forrest White

• Just joined training
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2020, 07:16:04 PM »
Everything comes to the end soon or later. The shuttle mission created the road for space exploration development.  This leads to the first in space history cargo spacecraft and reusable manned rockets made by SpaceX.NASA awards commercial companies thus encouraging them to proceed in the space colonization process.