Author Topic: First mission patch earned...  (Read 5804 times)

sshotick

• Just joined training
First mission patch earned...
« on: May 14, 2009, 07:47:32 AM »
...and its for the mission we all hope will never be needed...STS-401

It was quite a feeling, and took a few landing attempts to finally get it right, the HAC diamond put me too far to the left of centerline each time and then i had to correct back, i made the runway all 3 times, just went off the side the first 2 though because i wasnt aligned properly

on my mission everything went smoothly, and i know it was just virtual, but i just felt so sad as i cast Atlantis off into the darkness (it was orbital nighttime when i let her loose)

i had done other missions before, i even "completed" one other but i didnt realize at the time that you had to start at Launch T-1:50:00, and i started that one at Launch T-0:01:00, but this is my first mission and patch completed from beginning to end...

I think i might tackle STS-124 next, as thats the only shuttle mission of the 5 i saw lift off that i also saw land during the time i lived in Florida, so it holds an extra dear place in my heart already :)

Sam

davidrobinsonjr

• Astronaut
  • Press to MECO
Re: First mission patch earned...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 08:12:13 AM »
Good job. I remember how excited I was when I compleated STS-1. Good luck with STS-124
All Missions

USA~Driver

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 08:52:55 AM »
Always nice to see a new face. Welcome.   ;)

http://www.space-shuttle-mission.com/forum/index.php?topic=706.0

You might want to visit here and post you mission completion(s).

Good luck and happy orbits......

Kosmonaut

• Astronaut
  • Per Ardua ad Astra
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 09:38:43 AM »
...and its for the mission we all hope will never be needed...STS-401

It was quite a feeling, and took a few landing attempts to finally get it right, the HAC diamond put me too far to the left of centerline each time and then i had to correct back, i made the runway all 3 times, just went off the side the first 2 though because i wasnt aligned properly

on my mission everything went smoothly, and i know it was just virtual, but i just felt so sad as i cast Atlantis off into the darkness (it was orbital nighttime when i let her loose)

i had done other missions before, i even "completed" one other but i didnt realize at the time that you had to start at Launch T-1:50:00, and i started that one at Launch T-0:01:00, but this is my first mission and patch completed from beginning to end...

I think i might tackle STS-124 next, as thats the only shuttle mission of the 5 i saw lift off that i also saw land during the time i lived in Florida, so it holds an extra dear place in my heart already :)

Sam

Hi Sam! And welcome aboard! :)

I recall the elation I felt when I successfully completed STS-1 for the first time..Just did it again a few days ago, for the second time. (Long story..lol)

What first impressed me about this sim and continues to impress me, is the "eye candy" factor. That's one of the reasons why I do not use the time skip very often....sometimes it's just nice to sit back and enjoy that exterior view...quite relaxing, I find.

I might add that we have an extensive knowledge base here, as well. Any question or quieries about the sim can usually be resolved right here, using the search function.

Regards,
Kosmo

STS-1 STS-8 STS-26
STS-31 STS-93 STS-47
STS-99

[/URL]

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 01:57:51 AM »
That's a hard mission to finish, but exciting nevertheless. We all hope we won't EVER need it in real life for ANY mission!

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -