Author Topic: Buran from the dead?  (Read 20338 times)

Cthulhus

• Space Shuttle Mission 2007
  • Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Crew/Moderator
    • Avionic-Online
Re: Buran from the dead?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 01:20:34 PM »
I think and hope that the STS is not totally "lost" ... We have some hopes ... Lot of people in the US try to make some new flights again till 2017.
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 07:06:40 PM »
I think and hope that the STS is not totally "lost" ... We have some hopes ... Lot of people in the US try to make some new flights again till 2017.

The infrastructure already is taken down and won't allow another flights. Not even a single one anymore. Discovery already is decommissioned while Endeavour is in the decommissioning process and Atlantis is following now. And the External Tanks are gone. The last one ever produced flew with STS-135 (and if one looks at the latest analyses of the SLS, I think Lockheed Martin won't aver produce something like this again). Thousands of jobs are going to be lost soon. And I think the first string of layoffs already took place.

Following the layoffs, some Astronauts are leaving NASA now because they have nothing more to expect at NASA within their careers...

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 07:22:49 PM »

The infrastructure already is taken down and won't allow another flights. Not even a single one anymore. Discovery already is decommissioned while Endeavour is in the decommissioning process and Atlantis is following now. And the External Tanks are gone. The last one ever produced flew with STS-135 (and if one looks at the latest analyses of the SLS, I think Lockheed Martin won't aver produce something like this again). Thousands of jobs are going to be lost soon. And I think the first string of layoffs already took place.

Following the layoffs, some Astronauts are leaving NASA now because they have nothing more to expect at NASA within their careers...

- 1500 jobs were lost at KSC one day after Atlantis landed. 8,000 more to go before 2011 is over.
- Veteran Astros left for better jobs (like Massimino who, I think, works at SpaceX)
- Some veteran Astros stay and new ASCANS are being accepted for ISS jobs.

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 06:06:39 AM »
Thanks for the info admin.

MECO

• Astronaut
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »
I think I know those PDFs. They used to be on the NASA Human Spaceflight website, but were taken down. You can still access them through the Wayback Machine.

Can you provide the links, quite interested in seeing these... :)
SSMS2007: Complete

Spaceguy5

• Astronaut
  • Astronaut Wannabe
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 01:09:44 AM »
I don't remember how to get to them (It was pretty tricky in the first place as it isn't cached on a search engine or anything) but I know I posted a link on the forums a few months back.
STS-8, STS-26, STS-27, STS-88, STS-93, STS-100, STS-116, STS-130, Arex 1X Testflight

MECO

• Astronaut
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 04:06:55 AM »
I cant see your profile apparently (some forum restriction I guess) so cant see what posts you've made to try and track em down.

Oh well... :(

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 04:27:22 AM »
Maybe, if we don't find them, I could load them up to the server of my brother. It's only about 18 MB.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:29:07 AM by Moonwalker »

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 04:34:05 AM »
Well, no need to load it up. You are very lucky. Right after my last post I did a search by simply entering some text passages of one drawing into the google search field, and it worked ;D

É voilà:

http://files.seds.org/pub/images/shuttle/sts-pdf/

Download it as soon as you can. One never knows ;)

I love Google.

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 04:39:47 AM »
I don't remember how to get to them (It was pretty tricky in the first place as it isn't cached on a search engine or anything) but I know I posted a link on the forums a few months back.

You are right obviously. When I did a search I just managed to open the pdf file of the text I entered. I had to change the link in order to access the library.

Spaceguy5

• Astronaut
  • Astronaut Wannabe
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 07:43:46 AM »
Yeah that's the set found. Fantastic to see it on a server other than the wayback machine. There's a few more (as well as a few images made from those diagrams) on this website as well scattered around different pages: http://www.columbiassacrifice.com/&0_shttlovrvw.htm
STS-8, STS-26, STS-27, STS-88, STS-93, STS-100, STS-116, STS-130, Arex 1X Testflight

Yossarian1943

• Just joined training
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2011, 10:09:30 AM »
Yeah that's the set found. Fantastic to see it on a server other than the wayback machine. There's a few more (as well as a few images made from those diagrams) on this website as well scattered around different pages: http://www.columbiassacrifice.com/&0_shttlovrvw.htm

Cool site, Spaceguy. Lot of stuff to read. :)
»Warum soll ich nicht beim Gehen« -
Sprach er - »in die Ferne sehen?
Schön ist es auch anderswo,
Und hier bin ich sowieso.«
Wilhelm Busch

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2011, 01:21:15 PM »

Thanks for posting Spaceguy5.

A few of those drawings already are included in the SSM Systems Manual on which I am working at the moment :)

MECO

• Astronaut
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 01:31:11 PM »

Thanks for posting Spaceguy5.

/signed