Author Topic: Evansville Indiana hit by a 5.4 earthquake...  (Read 4604 times)

Yoti980

Evansville Indiana hit by a 5.4 earthquake...
« on: April 18, 2008, 04:56:20 PM »
Admin Please let people respond for 24hrs... Then you can delete this whole post... I'm well aware this forum is strictly SSM but I'm trying to get an idea here on the affected areas

Sorry guys I'm tired and I thought we had a discuss anything section but I'm either wrong or just that tired... But heres what I'm getting at I live in Evansville Indiana and at 4:40am I was sitting on my comp when we were struck by a 5.4 earthquake.. The epicenter was only 38 miles W/NW of here in Illinois... It was felt as far as West Virgina!! Just wondering who else felt it? If so where are you at? And if effected is everyone ok in your area? All is well here my house is fine and minimal damage has been reported to a few buildings in the city
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 03:03:27 AM by Admin »

USA~Driver

Re: Admin please leave this for 24hrs then remove
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 05:44:07 PM »
I live near Chicago and work overnights... And it was the wierdest thing in the world to feel the earth move ever so slightly under your feet. Earthquake confirmed. :o
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 05:45:57 PM by USA~Driver »

Yoti980

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 06:05:06 PM »
Copy that USA~Driver I heard the local news say Chicago felt it too!! It's the 3rd one I've felt here but this was the longest one almost a minute long and it was steady... The other two hit and tapered off in short order.. This hit and didn't settle down as time passed.. It was the same intensity for the entire quake and then *snap* it was over... No gradual drop in seismic activity just the same 5.4 all the way through!! Even the people that live here I know from CA said this didn't feel like any quake from there... 

USA~Driver

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 06:15:20 PM »
I was outdoors and thought something was wrong with me.. Kinda Like I had lost my balance for a bit..It wasnt until later I put A and B together when i heard it Break on the news. No damage, Just alot of raised eyebrows...

LMUBill

• Just joined training
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 08:42:48 PM »
The US Geological Survey has a site that you can send in reports to about if you felt the quake or not.  Plus they have maps showing where all the reports came from.  They had several from around here and I live 415 miles away.

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/STORE/X2008qza6/ciim_display.html

KDelande

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 10:56:54 PM »
Felt the original quake this morning at home around 5:40am EDT in Louisville, KY and an Aftershock at 11:12 EDT in my office downtown.

KD

jasonc

• Just joined training
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 04:07:06 AM »
 ;D ;D

Come live on the west coast guys!  We feel these suckers all the time!

Cthulhus

• Space Shuttle Mission 2007
  • Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Crew/Moderator
    • Avionic-Online
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 04:14:25 AM »
nothing here in France :)
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -