Author Topic: Id love to write the review  (Read 2780 times)

robertemmer

Id love to write the review
« on: April 07, 2008, 11:58:57 AM »
Hi. I just finished STS-8, mission complete and what a suprise to be riding in, the dark no less. It was exhilirating. I am looking at the screen and realizing I must compact my words here. My experience in flight and computers is varied and very modern. I am former Navy Combat Air Support involving F/A-18 Hornets A-F. Now the funny part. I had the Virgin Space Shuttle Sim. That had top honors even over any fsx etc. I almost completed it but there was like mission 9 or 10 that left you over the Gulf as a nice boat:) So this is something I have waited so patiently for. Long story short, if only, I would be qualified to be in the space program. I fly, navy carrier , combat in the gulf, sheer belief that thats where we need to be heading. Duh. Space the Final Frontier. Enough.

I have to say that to be able to review this product would be an honor. I found myself thinking about the systems and then figuring out the RMS. Just flat out rewarding to accomplish the tasks. During reentry from STS-8, I knew it wasnt over yet but that the mission had been completed. Crazy right. Then  I spotted the strip all pretty and lit and red approach flashers, harharhar tim allen grunt, this has already been rewired!!!  I believe this software would be a great background thing in a K-12 science class at schools. Have shuttle time at a specific time. It would be a great learning tool and entertaining.

I dont know what the next mission is but Ill be briefing shortly. Ill get her flying tonight and try to setup orbit by noon. Im looking forward to taking what Ive learned so far, and the curve has been high, on this next mission and RMS good and then learn docking and complete the mission.

So, having flown the virgin shuttle( circa 286/20 and 1986?) and thinking it was the best, there is a hands down new king. Exciting has made a true masterpiece. Of course we dont own NASA computers, but this is, if Im not mistaken, using true 3d physical properties in the flight of this shuttle. And then to make more missions for download is totally cool. I hate to say it but I would pay for a mission pack. Even theoretical additions to the ISS. Some kid could be using it in the classroom and find the answer to it all.

I dont know if I can help on problems as I see no problems. Im guilty of operator error to I think. I want to Thank the Gentleman who provided the joint angle coordinates. Invaluable. I think that the second grapple says it a connector 5 in the grapple, the first grapple being number 1? Is that right? I tried graphically but alignment didnt visually line up real well and had remembered seeing those numbers here. A must have. Im done blahing but let me submit a review for your review to throw out there.

Thank You Exciting Simulations and all involved in SSM 2007.

R Emmer

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 12:08:24 PM by robertemmer »

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
Re: Id love to write the review
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 12:38:53 PM »
THANK YOU TOO SIR for the insight and report.

The addon-missions and any features we decide to add in this SSM2007 release will stay free as we promised, and we don't think of changing this policy for future releases either  :)

Stay tuned for STS-122 which is nearing the final testing phase and for which all is looking extremely good. The majority of our Beta Testers have finished the mission with the only reported "bugs" being minor EVA detection volumes <g>, typos, grammar and some ommissions from the on-screen checklists.

BTW - this new release will also relax the STS-103/88 EVA detection volumes too to make life easier for everybody, and adds some small suggested changes. We think you'll like this new upload.

We have one more day of testing to do and we'll wrap the thing for upload!

/Admin
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 10:19:21 PM by Admin »
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

robertemmer

Re: Id love to write the review
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 09:49:57 PM »
Oh and I vote for Michael Swannick as Chief Astronaut and Lead Shuttle Commander. Thank you for all your hard work. Priceless.
Robert "f/a18abcdef" Emmer