Author Topic: "NASA GPC Ops Manual"  (Read 20345 times)

airbusjoerg

Re: "NASA GPC Ops Manual"
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 12:19:51 AM »
I´m not able to find the "Space Shuttle Manuals"-DVD at amazon: Does anybody know another source? Does anybody have ANY hint, where I can get this stuff - seems that all links are down and I don´t want the HTML-versions, you can find on several NASA-pages.

harmerb

• Just joined training
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 12:35:44 AM »
Where can I get this at nasaspaceflight.com?  I have searched, but with no luck.

Twabi2

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Crew/Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 02:36:05 AM »
It's in the L2 section. Access is restricted to paying members, but I heard it's well worth the money (not a member myself).

-Toine
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

rdale

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 08:16:15 AM »
We cannot post ANYTING from NASA - that would be potentially infringing their copyright. Sorry.

There is no copyright on NASA documentation... You are permitted to host it, you just can't modify it.

You cannot take stuff from NSF L2 section, but if you can find the same documents from a non-L2 source you can use that.

Zenra

• Astronaut
    • RMBIMedical
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 02:14:05 AM »
It's in the L2 section. Access is restricted to paying members, but I heard it's well worth the money (not a member myself).

-Toine

I just subscribed and have to say the content there is really something - if you can manage US$19.99 you get two months to download to your heart's content.  only problem is that there looks to be so much there I may need more than 2 months to d/l it all ;D
Zenra

Erianerog

• Just joined training
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 04:14:40 AM »
Hi im new here.
Can anyone mail me that 300pages gpc manual,or was that illegal?

Erianerog@Stofanet.dk

pheberer

• Astronaut
  • "Do, or do not. There is no try." Yoda Jedi Master
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 09:51:09 AM »
Admin,

I now have a copy of this manual.  If I understand correctly you can now post it if it is not modified in any way.  If this is true then tell me where to send it to you for posting.

Please note:
I'm very computer illiterate. So please be very specific.

My best example is I've tried to get my completed mission #8 listed in the achievement list more than 4 tries with no sucess.  So I've given up on trying.  I know I completed it.  So why should you care.

The dummy.

Thanks for the heads up! NASA has the nasty habit of moving these files around so we cannot guarantee them.

We cannot post ANYTING from NASA - that would be potentially infringing their copyright. Sorry.

If anybody has an active link to the GPC Ops manual, then please post it and I'll update the links.

Thank you!
/Admin

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 11:54:34 AM »
Admin,

I now have a copy of this manual.  If I understand correctly you can now post it if it is not modified in any way.  If this is true then tell me where to send it to you for posting.

Please note:
I'm very computer illiterate. So please be very specific.

My best example is I've tried to get my completed mission #8 listed in the achievement list more than 4 tries with no sucess.  So I've given up on trying.  I know I completed it.  So why should you care.

The dummy.

What I indicated is that we cannot post any of the NASA manuals, regardless if they were or were not modified - period. So, as I mentioned before, you can put it up on any of the free file hosting services and post the link.

I cannot give you specific instructions on how to do that since the process depends on the free file hosting service and besides, that would exceed the scope of this forum. Please select one of the free file hosting services such as IGN's own http://www.fileplanet.com/publicsubmission.aspx and follow their VERY SIMPLE instructions to upload it.

Other than that, I really do not understand the "so why should you care" remark. I think it is out of place and out of spirit.

/Admin

pheberer

• Astronaut
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 09:28:48 PM »
Admin,

(snip)
I've tried to get my completed mission #8 listed in the achievement list more than 4 tries with no success.  So I've given up on trying.  I know I completed it.  So why should you care.

The dummy.

(snip)

Other than that, I really do not understand the "so why should you care" remark. I think it is out of place and out of spirit.

/Admin

Yep, you understand perfectly why I said what I said.  It is not "out of place and out of spirit" it is out of frustration.  If you check my previous posts you will see I requested help a few times for this. 

I did get a response saying it was added but when I check the list it's not there.

Now understand that this is one fantastic program.  You all are really fast with updates and listening to us for ideas.  And it seems you all never sleep.  Your quick responses to our posts is awesome.

So please don't take my frustration on being the computer dummy personally.

Sorry!
Peter

pheberer

• Astronaut
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 10:01:13 PM »
Sorry again!

The mission I completed was #1 not #8.

See I can't even count right.

The Village Dummy

Admin,

(snip)
I've tried to get my completed mission #8 listed in the achievement list more than 4 tries with no success.  So I've given up on trying.  I know I completed it.  So why should you care.

The dummy.

Ruathan

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 01:44:50 AM »
DPS Dictionary, Generic, Revision J. June 13,1997

http://www.avionic-online.com/download/DPSj4.pdf

My Google-fu is strong (Oh, and 'hi')  ;D

pheberer

• Astronaut
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 01:56:56 AM »

Ruathan,

My true thanks for the link for this manual.  I can only say I did try.  My computer skills are poor to say the least.

Peace & Health,
Peter

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 01:59:42 AM »

Thanks Ruhatan,

Link updated in the Useful Links section :)

/Admin

Erianerog

• Just joined training
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 03:47:15 AM »
Tyvm been waiting for this :)

svenks

• Astronaut
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 02:09:37 PM »
Thanks a gogolplex - or is it Googleplex nowadays?
 :D

Sven