Author Topic: Price Poll  (Read 6754 times)

Rocket-Man

Price Poll
« on: October 29, 2007, 07:31:17 AM »
 8)Just wanting to get a genral idea wut everyone thinks about wut it should cost.  ;D

Fearless

Re: Price Poll
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 10:18:12 AM »
No idea. If it's a great sim, I'm quite happy to pay any reasonable price for it.  8)

stonefish

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 01:58:47 PM »
I'd say it would cost the same as any FS at release time... that's anything between $40-$50.

Rocket-Man

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 05:36:05 PM »
No idea. If it's a great sim, I'm quite happy to pay any reasonable price for it.  8)

:) I would probably pay anything as long as it was a resenable price. But this was just so I could get a genral idea wut other ppl thought.   ???  ;D

Skylab

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 06:30:19 PM »
I hope it that it will be approximately 40$, over 50$ i think it's expensive.

schaller

• Just joined training
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 07:41:15 PM »
For me.  This program will be worth allot of money.  I have waited for a really integrated Space Shuttle sim for ever.  Shuttle and S3 are great and scratch my itch, but this looks like it combines both.  Gives us the ability to build the space station and every other mission the space shuttle has flown. The ability to launch, intercept the space station and complete a node addition mission from start to finish or something like that.  Do spacewalks.  Well maybe the space walks are a stretch, but the video did show eva astronauts. I CANT WAIT!!!!  But I'll sit patiently and pine.  :)

Schaller

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 07:48:52 PM »
<SNIP>... Do spacewalks.  Well maybe the space walks are a stretch, but the video did show eva astronauts. <SNIP>...

I can firmily confirm: SSM2007 includes full first-person EVA in all relevant missions :-)

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

DaveH

• Just joined training
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 08:31:28 PM »
I'd like to see a price that allows for future updates and expansions. FS only cost about $50-$60, but I have about $500 invested in it with all the hardware and add-ons fot it.

Speaking for myself, I'd pay quite a bit more than $40 for a realistic shuttle sim. My only hope would be that we'd see more content added and the ability to integrate hardware into the sim like we can do for some of the flight sims out there.

Dave

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 08:59:25 PM »
Future expansions etc. are not related to the game price. As we sad in the FAQ, many additions (like new historical missions) will be released for free :).

Regarding hardware support, that's another matter that's been on the table for some time but we haven't reached a definitive decision. I can tell you that the first release won't have any special support for "hardware" like FS has, but don't forget that we have a "bit" more buttons, switches, keyboards, etc. than almost ANY aircraft depicted in FSX - even the most realistic ones.

While FSX has been having a long tradition of cockpit builders, it might be interesting to see how many of the (future) Shuttle "pilots" plan to build a cockpit around our game - considering that a full cockpit also needs 10 MFDs for some of the gauges alone + additional for visuals, not to mention several joysticks + hundreds of switches, buttons and rotaries. That would require us to make some heavy modifications to the game. As you may remember, the first MSFS did not have ANY hardware support so it may take us some time to provide that capability in one of the future releases - IF and only IF the market needs it.

Read a new poll that I will open in a few minutes :)

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -